Welcome to the GVAN! Hop on board, and please make sure your seat belts are securely fastened.
1) No posting ads promoting paid coaching services or classes, or promoting yourself/your services as a coach. Those need to come by referral or from longtime vetted coaches.
2) Engage! Don’t come here just to post your amazingness (though we’re sure you’re amazing) or random ambiguous links.
3) Be an established or aspiring voiceover artist.
4) Make sure your post is clearly about VOICEOVERS (not singing/radio/DJ’ing/concerts etc..)
5) Please post in English so that the majority of us can understand your post.
6) No unpaid job posts for “credit” or “exposure”, and no grossly underpaying job posts.
7) No joining and immediately asking for people to vote for you in contests. We’re here to connect and grow, not to solicit votes.
8) No controversial teaching that goes against the standard approaches to voiceovers (including any endorsements or links to profiles on or endorsements of Fiverr, VoiceRealm, Voyzapp, VoiceBunny etc). Any “training” or commercial posts are scrutinized heavily to ensure that they’re not coming from someone or some organization (P2P’s for example) who stands to gain from the VO industry en masse, or has been known to promote controversial teachings that grate against the collective voiceover experience.
9) No insulting of anyone’s method or approach. We’re here to affirm, to gently guide & be gently guided, but we also exist to preserve fair voiceover rates & ethics.
10) Feel free to post events that are specifically about voiceovers. But no posts directing people to other groups please.
11) No political arguments.
12) No fee-to-enter contests or paid events.
13) No stealing from a fellow voice talent, be that intellectual property, ideas, clients, whatever.
As voice talent, we’re all trying to make our way, and we all come up with great (or at least good) ideas to put bread on our table through some voiceovers-related avenue.
All posts are evaluated prior to submission, and removed if they’re unclear or in violation of the rules. If it has to do with voiceovers, and it can benefit the voiceover community, even if you’re cross-posting it, it will be allowed, unless in violation of the rules above.
If you know of voiceover training, promotions, books, seminars, workshops, demo production, reels you’d like to showcase, new releases or works, etc., be like Salt n Pepa and push it good, and it will be reviewed for posting.
Feel free to seek direction or post a technical, marketing, studio, equipment, software, technique question, etc.
This group’s goal has always been to be of a supportive global family, and to provide a helpful community that allows you to succeed in voiceovers, and get voiceover help and direction in a supportive environment from those who go before you.
So go get ’em. We’re all here to help support one another in this great thing called VO. Let’s grow together. Happy voicing!